Thursday 2 May 2013

Liverpool adventures

So, a few weeks back I spent a long weekend in the city of Liverpool. I'd never been, so this was quite the adventure! Anyway, after arriving at ridiculous o'clock to a lovely plate of spiced chicken and chorizo pasta I began to think how far I actually was from home, well Middlesbrough. Call it 3 hours 40 minutes on the train. (3 changes no less). 


Changing trains at York

The next day, we had a explore round the art galleries, and subsequently involved us playing tourist around the city, photos to follow. No weekend would be complete without a Starbucks and a trail round the shops, I have to admit I did beg quite a lot to go to Hollister and find the local Jack Wills, oops. Rain prevailed and we decided after visiting the infamous 'Albert Docks' and the Tate gallery that we should probably take ourselves and our rain soaked shoes back to the house. Needless to say we collapsed on the sofa, and ordered a guilty take away. Should probably mention the excellent milkshake creations we came up with, milkybar/oreo plus ice cream, perfect!


Late night pasta!



Sneaky inside shots of the Walker galley

St. George's Hall



Albert Dock











Jack Wills!



Rain soaked shoes, but the weather wasn't enough to spoil it! 

The name of that takeaway, well we didn't choose it... 



One of the best milkshakes I've had!

Next shameless addition to my weekend was an introduction to the nightlife of Liverpool. Can't say my memory was in much of a state the next morning to review that, especially sleeping until 5pm, yes PM!

The last day, which was the Monday, did entail a trip to Revolution for lunch. I just can never resist. I had my standard bread and balsamic, with a well stocked mushroom/cheese/peppered burger, oh and some fries. 






Next stop, the station and homeward bound! I was sad to leave, I have to admit. A lovely place, and lovely people, but life had to continue back on up North. Such a charming weekend, thank you Liverpool!





No comments:

Post a Comment