Thursday 30 January 2014

All about me

For my last Uni module we were focused around ourselves, self promotion. Having a brief to sort of 'sell yourself' might sound more straight forward than it actually is, mainly because when you look in the cold light of day, or rather crisp white studio light, you don't have a clue what you're really about, you just sort of... are. 

After a few days of basically having no clue what I was going to hook into to promote myself, or skills I decided the best way was to make this a sort of 'personal project', rather than a fronted set of pretty business cards. I started to think about what as a designer, or typographic designer which I've now decided is a round about name for me now. There's this thing about language which interests me, so I decided to do something on that. 

Looking I found all this kinda data about words, with some being more 'current' than others, the most being that of the 'word of the year' in 2013. I decided to look at how these became 'words of the moment' as such, and created a piece of work that's a somewhat lighthearted approach to how we communicate. Showing the links, process and idiosyncrasies. 












No comments:

Post a Comment